Unit 6 Economics of Development
The Concept of Development
Economies at Different Stages of Development
Theories and Models linked to Development
- The content and limitations of models and
theories linked with development.
- Absolute and comparative advantage - the basis for
trade, gains from trade and the role of trade in development.
- Rostow’s model - the stages of growth.
- The Harrod-Domar model - the role of saving and
- Lewis’ model - the role of structural change.
- Dependency theory – relationships and links between
developed and developing economies and regions.
- Balanced and unbalanced growth theory - the approach to industrialisation.
Problems of Developing Economies
Policies to Promote Development